Thursday, June 25, 2009

"I like reactions!" My Type 3 son

I had a great experience yesterday with my awesome & very dynamic 4 year old son. He has the amazing gift of having a dominant Type 3 (Hydrogen/fire) movement, with a secondary Type 1 (Nitrogen/air) movement. Everything this child does is BIG! And alot of the time in his expression, he can be spontaneous. Needless to say, for me, in my nature, sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed.

He had been in the house most of the day & it was showing! I told him he needed to go outside & run around, but before he did, he came up to me, leaned in by my face & made a loud silly sound & laughed. I of course took care of this before I guided him out the door, but in my feeling a bit overwhelmed, I made a comment along the lines of, "If you keep this up hun, your going to get a big reaction out of me."

He looked at me with a cute grin & said, "I like reactions!" I told him I knew he did. Then he was out the door & onto his next adventure.

I told my husband, who just so happens to have the same dominant Type 3 & secondary Type 1 organization, when he came home from work that night. We both so laughed about this! This "little" guy knows who he is & is not afraid to let the world know!

That really is a great thing. I just get to be in harmony with it! And of course guide, support & provide him opportunities to help him cultivate & use his gifts & express his energy in ways that are supportive & constructive in his life & in the lives of others.

I have been given really great insight into this. Just as EVERY parent can.

I am just so grateful that I am not having to be in this parenting thing alone. WAY more than once, I have looked up & asked, "What can I do here to help this situation & to support him?!"

And ya know what, I am always given exactly what I need to do. I am finding, that alot of the time, the most powerful thing I can do, is to simply stand in my own truth & then to not react to the situation. To not react to him as if he were the situation. But simply recognize this is his natural reaction to his experience.

As I see him in the truth of who he is & the truth of the experience he is having & reflect this back to him, he naturally comes into more balance in his energies & there expression.

One example, was even today when he got all fired up over something his older brother did. And he let him know VERY CLEARLY that he did not like it! The only thing is, he was getting ready to physically hurt his brother, so I walked over to him, physical touched his arm & looked him in the eye & said, "We can see that you are really upset. We got it. That was not okay for your brother to do that."

When I did this, when his truth in this experience was acknowledged, you could just see the intensity of his emotion & wanting to physically react, come back into a place of natural balance for him. It was pretty amazing! Great learning experience for me in how to support him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you have questions, you can also contact us at support@thegiftofyou.net Thanks!