Thursday, June 25, 2009

Type 2's & stick'in to the plan!

Here's an Energy Profiling "ah-ha" moment I had in my marriage
this last week:

So the other day, my husband & had I decided on a plan so that we each could go into town & do some very important service, without having to try and arrange a sitter so that we could go together. Which we love to do, its just that this service is so important to us, that we decided that even if it doesn't work out all the time for us to go together, we were making the decision to go anyway.

Well, I was going to get up bright & early, head into to town & spend the couple of hours that I was aware that this would take, the next morning. I planned it so that I would be getting back just in time for my husband to take our child to his cub scout activity on his way into town, to go take his turn. It was going to work out beautifully!

Well, as I pulled up to the house I was running a bit behind schedule so I honked the horn & expected to see everyone come out ready to go. NO ONE WAS READY! My husband just said to take our son myself & we'd talk about it when I got back.

So once my son got himself ready, I drove him to scouts & then myself back home, trying hard to not be so bugged about this all! I was beginning to feel really irritated towards my husband, but tired to do that self talk thing. "It really is okay. He can just go later. It really doesn't matter. It's not worth causing a rift between us." But these irritated feelings would not go away! This was feeling really important to me!

When I got out of the car, I told myself I was not going to act irritated with him. "I love him & I'm not going to make this a bigger deal than it is." But it sure felt like a big deal. Even though I knew it really wasn't, logically. The funny thing is, I had this very quiet impression, that it wasn't about him. But he was my focus. After all, he didn't stick to the plan!

And that's when I got my "Ah Ha!".

I became conscious of the fact that I was bothered because I put my energy into creating a detailed plan, it was going to work out perfectly, I was doing my part, but then it got completely thrown off course! It did not continue to flow like it was & I had to shift gears & go along another course. And this really bothered me!

At that moment, in acknowledging this, I literal felt my emotion begin to naturally return to a place of balance. I realized that I was not upset at him. He had no idea how much detailed planning I put into this. Nor how much this mattered to me. Because I didn't tell him. And I didn't even realize how much it mattered to me!

I acknowledged that it did matter to me & that it was okay. It was just a natural reaction to this experience. Then, I honored my truth in this experience, by sharing with my husband how it truly was important to me. I shared with him how I planned this in detail to flow beautifully & it didn't. And that was why I was upset. I felt absolutely no resentment or blame towards him at all! It was GREAT!

He apologized to me, having no idea that this mattered. He didn't think I would care if we just changed plans. He told me his reasoning for wanting to go later in the day. He shared with me his feelings & wants in this & I totally understood. Then, we created a new plan together, that was even better than the original plan!

We ended up going into town as a family & having a really fun day together. He spent the time he wanted to in service & I took our children & did some shopping. Then we met up & had dinner together at one of our favorite restaurants. When even got to try octopus for the first time together. It was really fun!

What a gift in our marriage & to our whole family! Check this Energy Profiling out...there really is something to this knowledge about our beings. Something amazingly accurate & powerfully supportive!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you have questions, you can also contact us at support@thegiftofyou.net Thanks!