Saturday, June 20, 2009

Part 1 - "I'm feel'in it!"

Part 1 - (just keep following...it gets better, I promise!)

In life & sometimes especially in this field of Energy Work, we think that we have to "chase" away our more uncomfortable emotions. Whether by using some energy clearing tool, by positive thinking, (although both do have their place), or by distracting ourselves from feeling, with the all too familiar thinking habits we all have created - unconsciously of course. Our minds have such a wonderful ability to keep us alive. To help us survive. The only thing is, that feeling our emotions is not going to kill us! Even though it may feel like it sometimes.

The last few months, I have experienced this reality very vividly. In March, I delivered my sixth child at only 16 weeks gestation. My precious little baby had passed away in my womb, only a day or so before, according to the indications observed on ultrasound by my OB-GYN. I don't think I can put into words the depth of grief I experienced in all this. As well as what my husband & our other 5 children did as well. (Not to mention grandma's & grandpa's, aunts, uncles, friends, & even my doctor, etc. We truly are all in this life experience together!)

The loss of a child through death or by any other means, whether that child is a centimeter long or a grown adult, is one of the most painful experiences any of us can experience here. And more than once, I wanted to just make the feelings, maybe even the whole experience go away. However, I knew, as I listened to my heart (as best I could), that as much as it hurt, I needed to feel it. And feel it & I guess, feel it some more -cause I sure have! I know, with all my heart, that it is by God's grace & His love for me, that I have been able to!

The Energy Therapy tool I have been trained & certified in, Calyco Healing, helped me in regards to taking care of the energetic needs in my physical body, but I knew I got to feel this one full out! No energy therapy tool can take away your experience for you. Nor if we really understood or could see the eternal perspective, would we want to. Experience is one of the main purpose we are here! (The benefits & blessings of which turn out to be even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined by the way! This I know. I have experienced this for myself many, many times through out my own experiences in life. )

It is an interesting thing...these emotions. One minute your fine, or even feeling numb & the next, you are wondering if you'll ever be okay!

I remember one day in particular when I just had to get out of the house & walk. When I left the house, I seriously wondered if I was ever going to be okay. If these feelings would ever go away!

I walked & cried & walked & cried. And walked & cried some more. And oh how I prayed!

The several weeks after this experience were just like that for me. But progressively, it has gotten better, as I have tried to accept this experience as fully as I could & truly feeling it as fully as possible, while praying all along the way. But remember....this is processes. There is more......(Read part 2!)



***Listen to Carol Tuttle's recorded call-in radio show, "Living Your Truth", from June 14th, entitled; "What to do when you have an emotional meltdown" Click here to listen now.

Or copy & paste this link to your browser:
She takes a call from a woman who shares her own experience in loss. Carol provides some very simple & yet such powerfully helpful guidance, on living your truth, even when experiencing loss ~exactly what we are meant & perfectly created to do!!! Her guidance is so right on!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you have questions, you can also contact us at support@thegiftofyou.net Thanks!