Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Create something beautiful!

It is innate within every human being to create. And to want to create. To create something beautiful brings us joy. It is very much living an innate truth of who & what we are to do so.

I love an address given in 2008 by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, entitled, "Happiness, Your Heritage." He says about this innate desire to create:

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before....Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty...."

"....to what end were we created? We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fullness of joy. Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things."

So what does this mean in our lives, with the further understanding we are being given in this fieldof Energy Work? How can this directly apply to us in our day to day experiences?

As I have come to understand more about my innate nature & how I work, I choose to honor that innate desire to create something beautiful by choosing opportunities, projects & hobbies that support me & allow me to move in & express my innate movement.

For example, in my having a Type 2 (Oxygen/water) dominant expression in my innate make-up, I like things that involve attention to detail. I also enjoy things that allow me to share & give of my heart & to connect with others in this way. Just one of these things I have created in this, is this very blog! I get to write about the details of some of my experiences, while sharing & giving of my heart to support others in this gift of understanding & living more fully their own innate beauty. It is very fulfilling & brings me & others joy.

Another example, is gardening. I love to be out in the dirt, planting, weeding, watering & caring for the plants & trees in my yard. This is also very grounding & "connecting" for me.

I have come to learn that "creating something beautiful" is truly an act of cultivation. Simply acknowledging & embracing what we've already been given, giving what we can & doing what we've been given to do, to allow the natural potential & innate beauty of these gifts already before us, to naturally come forward & into fruition.

In this, I consider my greatest creation & the one that brings me the most joy, is the gift I have been given to be a wife & a mom. What could be more beautiful than creating a marriage, a family life & a foundation for my children that not only brings me joy, but my spouse & my children now & as they grow? Nothing can or does compare to this.

In my own home, I like to use what I have been given to create an environment of connection, comfort & peace. And with alot of the Type 1 movement in my loved ones, things can get kind of crazy around here sometimes, but we do have alot of fun! One of the biggest gifts I have been given is to understand my husband & little ones ALOT more. And in that, to honor, even celebrate their innate movements, so that I move in much more harmony with them. That way we create together an environment that supports us all.

As a parent, maybe even especially as a mom within the home, the responsibility & the beautiful influence we have to create harmony, truly is ours. In a very literal way, it begins with us. And it is just so great to have the understanding & the resources to support us in this!

Here's another quote from this address:

"If you are a mother (or father), you participate with God in His work of creation—not only by providing physical bodies for your children but also by teaching and nurturing them. If you are not a mother (or father) now, the creative talents you develop will prepare you for that day, in this life or the next.

....we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."

I think one of the most confirming insights I have gained from my experiences in this Energy Work field, including with Calyco Healing, Energy Profiling & Dressing Your Truth, is that we create by our very presence. To think that we have such a beautiful influence by just being who we are, is pretty revealing about our truth!

I grasped this most clearly by using music as an analogy. Music has a way of creating an environment & atmosphere. It has its own way to uplift & to energize (a Type 1 movement), to calm, to comfort & connect us to our hearts (a Type 2 movement), to motivate us to get in action & get things done (a Type 3 movement), & it also has a way to bring a still & reflective reverie into our experience (a Type 4 movement).

This is the same with our own "innate music". As we come to recognize & embrace our innate movement or "music", we learn to create something beautiful, even by just being who we are. Then the "doings" can innately follow from this inspired place of truth, offering & contributing what only we can.

Here is one last quote from this same article:

"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, (& Brothers) trust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."

That really sums it up so clearly. We use what we've been given, how we are innately created & intended to, as we follow the truth given & shown to us in our hearts. Our hearts know truth. They know beauty & they guide us therein. Enjoy creating something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you have questions, you can also contact us at support@thegiftofyou.net Thanks!