Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Learning through joy, my love story

I shared a cute story recently about my first "I love you" with my husband. He, of course, having a dominant Type 3 movement in his innate make-up took no time telling me that he loved me. I, in my dominant Type 2 movement, was still feeling the whole thing out. And although I really liked him & did not want to hurt him by not reciprocating, my "questioning" response, "Um, I think I love you to?", was not what he was expecting.

Our first "I love you" was over 12 years ago, way before Energy Profiling & all the great insight, understanding & resources we have now, but it would have been REALLY helpful! It would have been supportive to understand this then. It would have saved me alot of struggling within myself & suffering "trying to figure the whole thing out." (Key word being "trying" here.) Not to mention what my hubby felt!

We laugh about this now, having an understanding & seeing this same movement beautifully play out all the time in our marriage. We actually have alot of fun with it now!

I love to be able to see him for who he is. To look at him & really see him. Now that I have more clarity on who I am, & not so wrapped up in "what's wrong" with me & consuming so much of my energy, time & thought processes trying to get rid of it, it's amazing what I can hear & see! As I am learning more about, learning to move in much more harmony with & love my own innate "music"; I can effortlessly see, hear & feel his MUCH more clearly. So much so sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes what I behold in him.

Having directly opposite movements, we pushed alot of each other's buttons at first. We each were both still trying to know who we were as individuals, so that was a whole other dynamic in the mix. But I have to tell you, that I love, with all that I am, what we have today. I don't think I can adequately put into words what I feel for him & for the beauty that is our marriage. It is absolutely amazing what two beautiful beings can come together & naturally create.

We are still learning daily of course, but we are having MUCH more joy & alot more fun along the way. I absolutely LOVE that we get to learn now, not so much by suffering & struggle, but by simply learning about what beautiful beings we truly are. By enriching our understanding of ourselves & of each other, by acknowledging this & simply honoring, even celebrating it! It truly gives meaning to "learning through joy".

The other great thing about this, is we are simultaneously "teaching through joy". It fills my heart with so much joy, to know that my husband & I are teaching our children what it looks like & more, what it FEELS like, to have a healthy & beautiful marriage. We are also helping teach them, the Gift that they individually are, because we can now see it to! What a gift. What an eternal gift & legacy we get to give & leave to our children. As we simply learn, live & love our own truth & each others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. If you have questions, you can also contact us at support@thegiftofyou.net Thanks!